Women From Seattle Die Because Of An Absolutely Rare Brain Infection
Published On:December 07, 2018
A recent report published in the International journal Of Infectious Disease about 69 years old woman stated the Women from Seattle from a rare brain infection, the infection began from a common brain sinus infection which in her case was chronic and did not go away. The doctors advised her to utilize a neti pot on the regular basis in order to rinse out the sinuses developed within her and that became the major cause behind the rare infection and eventually death. The symptom that was noticed about the infection was a small rash on the right side of the nose and a tiny amount of raw skin just around the nasal passages of her nose. The women visited dermatologist in order to treat her rash but nothing worked, after a year of the rash the women suffered from a seizure. The CT scan she went through help the doctors diagnose the 1.5 centimeters long lesion in her brain. The senior author of the report Dr. Charles Cobbs stated that in the initial stages the infection looked like a tumor. The women also had a history for breast cancer so this wasn’t a shock to the doctors. When it became difficult to diagnose what exactly was the women was suffering from , the doctors decided to send a sample that was taken during the tumor surgery to the team of neuropathologists at the University of Johns Hopkins for further tests and diagnosis. The women was sent back home after the surgery happened but her condition kept worsening every moment the reason behind it came fourth when the doctors received the report from the Hopkins University that stated the infection was amoebic, which came out as a shock to them. When Dr. Cobbs decided to carry out the surgery again to remove the growing infection, they realized that the infection was actually made up of amoebas. Even after various efforts and contacting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the woman’s condition became severe and died. After the death the doctors received another set of reports which stated that the infection was made of amoeba that was brain- eating known as Balamuthia mandrillaris, which is absolutely rare that even doctors were not aware about the infection. The CDC analyzed the reasons behind the infection and realized that the main problem started with her using the neti pot and raising the sinuses along with unsterilized water, which led to the infection known as Naegleria fowleri. But in the end of the report the doctors informed people that they did not need to worry about the infection as it is very rare and have very less chances to develop in any other human in the present times although the people who use neti pot should make sure they use sterile water.
Are you looking for a Market Research Reports? Just contact our consultant.